Sunday, November 30, 2008

YES we can!

I'll be honest: on election night November 4, 2008, I was a bit too tipsy to recall much of President elect Obama's speech. I know that there were many tears shed as I listened at my country home with Wendy and David. I know that the speech was at least as powerful as all the others I've heard. Yet what are the facts of that speech?

Well, I just read it from his website. Once again, it brought tears. I do understand that not everyone shares in the admiration of Barack Obama. In his speech, he reaches a hand out to those he knows are still skeptical of him and his abilities. I do so hope that peoples' open minds prevail and at least give him a chance.

Yes we can.
Three little words. Change we to I and what happens?
Yes I can.
What? What can I do? Thinking that all things are possible when I set my eyes on the goal, how do I answer that question? Amazing. The answer is so clear and positive.

What can you do?
Read the speech. Or re-read it. Here's the link to get you started:
http://www.barackobama.com/2008/11/04/remarks_of_presidentelect_bara.php

Good luck!

No comments: