Monday, November 10, 2008

Ahhh ... a new era


It is amazing, is it not, to be November 10th and have the presidential election finally over! It truly was a long affair. But it's over and I don't have to leave the country! LOL

I awakened two days after the election with the realization that this president faces a civil war. Perhaps not one where states will secede from the union, but a division that is huge in regard to race and politics. Although America has always been a "melting pot", families tended to urge the younger generation not to cross lines. Is that true any longer?

Aren't we truly becoming a nation of "mutts"? As the mix of races continue, isn't it a natural part of our evolution that the mix strays from pigment color as well? As the mix of inter-religion marriages occur, isn't it natural for inter-racial as well? And is that what the fear is about?

People can be resistant to change. We sometimes get caught in the fear or drama of a new thing or a change of the old. That produces a stubborn feeling. More like "Hell no, I won't go" than "Wow! Cool. This could be exciting." Not that I'm speaking from personal experience or anything! LOL If we just take the first step, it could be exhilarating! And if it's not, we can always revert back!

As for myself, I'm hopeful that the next four years will begin the process of healing. I don't know how long that will take - especially if the 'scab' keeps getting picked - but we need it. We're ready for it. We can handle it!


No comments: