Friday, October 30, 2009

you meet the oddest people in best buy

There I was, minding my own business as I was there on business, when Mark came up to me with a Clint Eastwood reference based upon the company name on my shirt. Not being a Clint follower, I totally didn't get it but was lured into Mark's improv skit! Being a bit bewildered worked in his favor as I was "Gracie" to his "George". Bewildered isn't the only thing I was. I have said .. more than once ... that I wear bangs in my hair to hide the word gullible engraved on my forehead. Another plus for Mark's improv. By the time I "got it", I was convinced that he really had found a laptop in a D.C. airport that had secret documents from Aldo that made a case for invading Iran! Yes, we could have taken that show on the road! Thank you! Try the veal! (No, really, don't. Do you know how they get veal?)

When finished with my work, I walked out of BBY with a smile on my face thinking of this odd character I had just met. He had/has a zest for life and the people around him that I found myself admiring. How was it that he could just come up to me like that and create this comedy of errors so to speak? And it wasn't just me. When a blue shirt (Best Buy employee) came over he brought him into the act. And then someone else. Then assisted a couple of customers with their questions! I find it difficult to believe it was all an act. Though perhaps while wearing his acting mask, he found it easy to address strangers.

Hmm ... masks. I do know a bit about wearing those. And yes, I have found myself putting one on to make myself feel more comfortable in front of strangers. I've also put them on to do hard things. A mask can make you express on the outside something that contradicts what you feel inside. I think that in moderation, that's not a bad thing. But how to moderate it?

OH, have I digressed from the original intent of this post? LOL Possibly. But, it is MY 15 seconds of fame!!!

No comments: