That's how many days until we elect a new president. Did you ever think the day would finally arrive? The season has gone on and on!
We've heard reports about record turnouts and record numbers of newly registered voters. We've heard about people getting involved in politics for the first time and people voting for the first time. I, myself, have never paid this much attention to politics!
It's an exciting time!
It truly is an historic time!
Years from now we will look back on the election of 2008 and remember it like we do with other historic moments: what were you doing when Obama was announced as our 44th president? Were you home? Were you with a group of friends? Did you cry? Did you breathe a sigh of relief ... only to catch your breath again when thinking of all the work ahead?
I can't wait! I'm not early voting ... I want to be in the thick of things that day! Perhaps I won't have to worry about my precinct and which way our vote will go ... I live in Chicago! But I've seen the signs in Lake County around my sister and brother-in-law's home. There the race is not certain.
We cannot assume. We cannot be lackadaisical. We cannot pull a Chicago Cubs!
Ever vigilant. Ever aware. Ever prepared.
We truly are the change we've been waiting for!
Laila and Corey Make New Friends
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment