Saturday, September 27, 2008

First Presidential Debate

Friday, September 27th, marked the first debate between our two major party nominees. I watched with a group of democrats in Round Lake. There's something quite interesting about watching something like this with others. When a group gets together for a single reason, it creates an energy of unity that can be exhilarating.

That is good since the debate itself was a little flat!

If you've seen any of the commentary after the debate you know about McCain's lack of looking at Obama. You know of the body language of the two candidates. You know about who won in which pundits viewpoint. But what do you think?

I wanted to watch the debate not for Obama's sake - I've heard his speeches and have seen him in person twice. Rather, I watched for McCain's views and his personality. I hadn't watched any of the Republican debates although I did watch their convention. Even though I know where I will cast my vote, I still believe in knowing about the options.

You can find the debate posted in a myriad of places on the web. Watch it if you haven't yet. It's only 90 minutes compared to the 2,102,400 minutes of four years in the white house for our next president. And then go to this link: http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/factchecking_debate_no_1.html to read where each man's facts were askew. You owe it to your country to stay informed and vote accordingly!

Your one vote really does make a difference! And it is your responsibility as a citizen to cast it!

1 comment:

Adventures With Two Newfs and Us! said...

You rock! Your very right about each of us be responsible to cast an educated vote.

I love knowing that our presidents spent 2,104, 200 minutes in office.

Thanks!!!