Monday, May 23, 2005

The first meeting

You'd think I was in my teens - the way I'm feeling now. And here writing this all down! Well, it's either here or in my journal. Either way, no one is really going to read it!
I just got done sending the email that suggests the time and place for our first meeting! I'm excited. And nervous. Just a bit giddy. Does one ever NOT feel these feelings when the relationship is just developing?
(Oh, for the record, I'm 39.)
He says he doesn't like this beginning stage. I wonder if it's because of the butterflies. So many what-ifs. Can it really be that different?
I've met a few people "in person" after first having conversed with them via cyber-land. Most have been pleasant experiences. Just like any in the "real" world. I trust my instincts. Well, sometimes. Sometimes I'm so nervous that I can't hear what I am telling myself. That's when I go to my sister. I trust her instincts. When we have talked of this current gentleman, her instincts say all is going well. I also think this. I am glad.
He may or may not be "him". Yet how will I find out if I do not go and "investigate"? Perhaps there will be no 'spark' - for either of us. And that will be okay. Neither one of us is willing to "settle". There obviously is enough interest on both sides to warrant a meeting. I am a firm believer that - over a number of emails - one CAN tell the character of a person through the computer screen. What you give is what you get.
If you are looking for trouble, you will find it. If you are convinced that there are nothing but 'wackos' out there, they will beat a path to your door. If you trust that your honesty and integrity will be returned to you, it will be. I trust.

No comments: